Time & Location
May 20, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
About the Event
READINESS TO RUN WORKSHOP (virtual)
with Brenda Gajowski, DPT
During this live online workshop (via Zoom), you will be taken through a series of tests that have been shown to reflect the ability of your body to tolerate the impact of running without pain or leaking. We are going to look at your mobility, strength, and stability with certain movements. I will guide you through these tests and give you details on what to feel for in your own body so you know they “WHY” behind each movement and how it relates to running. You will have a clear handout for notes on your own results and I will address your questions and follow up with a few key exercises. In many cases, the simple tests we do together will become your exercise, and your self-check for progress!
This virtual workshop is for you if you:
- Are wondering about returning to running postpartum and how to know when you are ready
- Experience pain, stiffness, or leaking when you increase your training
- Want to start running for exercise and want to prevent injury
- You are a runner and want to improve your running performance
- Are having discomfort but are not able to get in to see a physical therapist in person
It doesn’t matter if you run for minutes or for miles - it’s always a good idea to find the “red flags” in your body so you can run pain-free, leak-free, and with more power!
This workshop is limited to 6 participants so I can effectively instruct you through these tests, answer your questions, and have time to give each participant individualized attention.
Participant$25.00+$0.63 service fee