Tue, Jul 21|
THE ABCs of POSTPARTUM HEALING
Learn the fundamentals of re-connecting with your inner core and pelvic floor to truly heal and effectively return to activity!
Time & Location
Jul 21, 2020, 11:00 AM
About the Event
THE ABCs of POSTPARTUM HEALING and RETURNING TO ACTIVITY
with Brenda Gajowski, DPT
This live online workshop (via Zoom) will teach you the basic elements of healing in the postpartum period and how to reconnect with your body in order to set the foundation in your core/pelvic floor to be able to get back into activity and exercise safely and effectively. It doesn’t matter if you had your baby a few weeks ago or a few years ago, if you feel disconnected in your core and pelvis, this workshop will help you find that foundation and stability again so you can build on it.
This workshop is for you if you are wondering:
- what is “normal” and what is not in the postpartum period
- why you may be having pain or discomfort
- if you have diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- why you are leaking pee when you cough/sneeze/jump/laugh
- how you can improve the strength and control in your core
- what to look for when you exercise to make sure your body is not compensating
- OR, if you are just curious to learn more about your body and your core/pelvic floor
Some topics we will touch on are alignment, core function, breathing mechanics, and the pelvic floor. It will be 2 parts: screen share for education and interactive so you can feel things in your own body. I will send follow-up documents and videos to enable you to continue the work!
This workshop is limited to 6 participants so I can effectively instruct you through these tests, answer your questions, and have time to give each participant individualized attention.
ABCs of PostPartum Healing$25.00