Fri, Aug 27|
THE ABCs of POSTPARTUM HEALING
Learn the fundamentals of re-connecting with your inner core and pelvic floor to truly heal from birth and effectively return to activity!
Time & Location
Aug 27, 2021, 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM EDT
About the Event
THE ABCs of POSTPARTUM HEALING and RETURNING TO ACTIVITY
with Dr. Brenda Gajowski, DPT
This live online workshop (via Zoom) will teach you the basic elements of healing in the postpartum period and how to reconnect with your body, in order to set the foundation in your core/pelvic floor to be able to get back into activity and exercise safely and effectively! You will learn concepts to help you re-connect with and re-balance your body. This workshop is geared toward women after birth and up to 6 months postpartum, however, any time you feel a disconnect in your core and pelvis...whether you had your baby a few weeks ago or a few years ago... these concepts are for you!
This workshop is for you if you are wondering:
- what is “normal” and what is not in the postpartum period
- why you may be having pain or discomfort
- if you have diastasis recti (abdominal separation)
- why you are leaking pee when you cough/sneeze/jump/laugh
- how you can improve the strength and control in your core
- what to look for when you exercise to make sure your body is not compensating
- how to work on your scar mobility and function after a c-section
- OR, if you are just curious to learn more about your body and your core/pelvic floor
Some topics we will touch on are alignment, core function, breathing mechanics, and the pelvic floor. It will be 2 parts: a screen share section for education, and an interactive section so you can feel things in your own body. I will send follow-up documents and videos to enable you to continue the work on your own!
This workshop is limited to 10 participants so I can effectively answer your questions, and have time to give individualized attention.
If you cannot make the live workshop (I know how things can change on a moment's notice with infants!) there will be a recording that I will send to you, and I will make sure to hop on the phone with you to answer any individual questions.
ABCs of PostPartum Healing